Improving upon traditional carabiners, this Nite Ize version features a low-profile stainless steel rectangular cross-section body and a slide-to-lock feature on the gate making it a secure way to carry and connect items.
At Nite Ize, we believe no product is too small or basic to be improved. Exhibit A: the classic utility carabiner. We took a hard look at this ubiquitous device and saw two good opportunities to make it more efficient. We designed an innovative slide-to-lock feature that securely locks the gate with a simple push and slide movement, and unlocks when you want it to just as easily. Then, instead of a bulky tubular construction, we designed a cross sectioned, rectangular stainless steel body that's durable, low profile, and slim; it feeds more easily through smaller openings and rests flat in pockets. Available in four sizes: #6 (to tackle the largest items), #4 (perfect for attaching to a belt loop or backpack to carry larger items), #3, and #2 (for carrying smaller items like keys, and attaching to zipper pulls).
- Durable Stainless Steel Locking Utility Carabiner
- Secure stainless steel wire gate with a slide-to-lock feature
- Available in size #2, #3, #4, and #6
- Available colors: black & stainless
- Size #2:
- Dimensions: 1.1" x 1.7" x 0.3" | 28mm x 44mm x 8.5mm
- Weight: .2oz | 7g
- Weight Rating: 10lb | 4.5kg
- Size #3:
- Dimensions: 1.5" x 2.3" x .4" | 38mm x 59mm x 10mm
- Weight: .45oz | 14g
- Weight rating: 25lb | 11kg
- Size #4:
- Dimensions: 2" x 3.1" x .4" | 50mm x 78mm x 11mm
- Weight: 1.0oz | 29g
- Weight Rating: 75lb | 34kg
- Size #6:
- Dimensions: 3" x 4.6" x .6" | 75mm x 117mm x 15mm
- Weight: 3.0oz | 84g
- Weight Rating: 100lb | 45kg
WARNING: Not for use where disengagement could result in bodily injury or property damage. Not for climbing.