This easy-to-install tail cap switch fits an incandescent AA Mini Maglite®, and once it's in place, turns your flashlight into very useful, multi-functional tool. It features 5 light modes (100%, 50%, 25% power, slow, fast strobe) with 3 power levels, so you can choose the function you need for your particular task at hand and extend your battery life in the process! And for extra battery conservation, when you're in the first three modes, the flashlight turns itself off after 14.5 minutes when it's not in use, preventing accidental battery drainage. It's also equipped with a "find-in-the-dark" flashing LED to make location a snap.
- Fits: Incandescent AA Mini Maglite® Flashlight
- 5 light modes: 100%, 50%, 25% power, slow, fast strobe
- 3 power levels that optimize light output and help extend battery life
- Auto-off (14.5 minutes) in the first 3 modes prevents accidental drainage
At 13 minutes the light will flash to signal that it is close to shutting off and prompt you to hit the button to re-activate for another 14.5 minutes.
At 13.5 minutes the light will flash to signal that it is close to shutting off and prompt you to hit the button to re-activate for another 14.5 minutes.
At 14 minutes the light will flash again to signal that it is close to shutting off and prompt you to hit the button to re-activate for another 14.5 minutes.
At 14.5 minutes the light will turn off unless it has been re-activated.
- Find-in-the-dark flashing LED
- Easy to install in your Incandescent AA Mini Maglite®
- Dimensions: 1.03" x 0.07" x 0.07" | 26.25mm x 18.00mm x 18.00mm
- Weight: 0.28oz | 8.00g
- Note: Replacing the original incandescent bulb with any Nite Ize LED Upgrade Kit or Tail Cap Switch will void the MAG Instrument® LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY covering the AA MINI MAGLITE® flashlight.
- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: MAG-LITE® and MINI MAGLITE® are trademarks of Mag Instrument, Inc., as are the distinctive shape, style and overall appearance of the Mini-Maglite® flashlight and the circumferential inscription around the face caps of all of Mag Instrument flashlights.
Can I disable the flashing red light?
Yes. You can turn off the flashing light by turning the Incandescent AA Mini Maglite® OFF at the head of the flashlight. Conversely, the head of the Incandescent AA Mini MagLite® must be turned ON for the IQ Switch to work.
How do I operate the IQ Switch?
The IQ Switch has 5 functions. Push evenly to activate each position. Any pause will start the cycle over with the first function. Please see the order of the functions below:
1st Press: 100% Power
2nd Press: 50% Power
3rd Press: 25% Power
4th Press: Slow Strobe
5th Press: Fast Strobe
After 2 seconds in any mode - press once to turn off.
Will it work with lithium & rechargeable batteries?
Will the I.Q. Switch work in both Incandescent and Nite Ize LED Upgraded AA Mini Maglites®?