Sunday, August 3, 2014
I purchased this disc in December of 2011...it is now nearly 3 years later and our German Shepherd still plays with this Frisbee EVERY day! Hands-Down...the best Frisbee and Customer Service anywhere! I had one issue with the switch when I first bought it, contacted NiteIze, and they immediately responded and shipped me a replacement part! Here are some tips to maintain this awesome product:
- To keep the switch/LED protected from water or dirt when your dog plays hard...you really need to seal it with a temporary silicone seal. Just remove the small round cover that sits over the switch/LED and apply a thick bead of “Permatex Clear RTV Silicone” (you can get a little 3oz tube anywhere) on the bottom of the cover in two areas:
1. Around the inner hole that houses the switch/LED
2. Also around the outer edge of the cover where it makes contact to frisbee. Let it dry overnight…untouched.
- When frisbee starts to get dirty and the light is looking dim - just take a scrub brush with some soapy/cleaning products and scrub/rinse - try not to completely submerge in water, just rinse it. Good as new!
- When batteries start to weaken and it’s time to replace them - just remove the cover again and pull out the switch/LED (set in a safe place)...then scrub the entire frisbee thoroughly and then dry it thoroughly, replace the batteries, insert switch/LED in the well and seal it again with the silicone the same way described above, Finally…let it dry overnight. It’s simple and has lasted us 3 years and counting! Enjoy!